Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Vendor Luv: HCC Hand-Crafted Creations ~ Custom Wedding Garters

Hi Bloggers!
We're super excited about the opportunity to share an interview with one of our Twitter pals. Victoria Joanne is the owner of Hand Crafted Creations. She was kind enough to take time from her schedule share some insight of her specialty.

1. How did you start such a unique business?
Created the handcrafted Wedding accessories (Pillow, basket and Card mailbox) for my nieces wedding in 2000. Everyone LOVE them so much that they encouraged me to go into business. So I created my first website www.hand-craftedcreations.com Garters became such a populare item that in 2008 I launched my www.Customweddinggarters.com site.

2. How long have you been in business and what direction do you plan to move on with your hand made creations?
I’ve been in business since 2001. So it’s coming up on 10 years!! It’s amazing to me because when I first started It was for fun. But over the years it’s grown into a serious and successful business. I plan to keep creating unique, custom made, and high quality creations. Custom embroidery, Painting and sewing all are included in the plan.

3. How do you feel your garters have been received within the wedding community? Well in 2001 there was barely any choice - sites offered pre-made garters and there were only about 3 themed garters sites including HCC. Because of the uniqueness and fun that my colorful and themed garters offer – they have attracted the attention of many brides and thus many other crafters who in turn started making colorful garters. So 3 main themed garter websites in 2001 has morphed into 100’s upon 100’s of sites that offer colorful themed garters. Brides obviously like the unique and custom designs. J Over 10,000 HCC garters created definitely speaks volumes.

4. What are some of your favorite social networking sites?
Twitter and Facebook

5. How long does it take you to complete one custom garter?
It totally depends on the design of the garter… how difficult it is to create and if there are handsewn crystals etc… could be an hour to All day… My clients book early so that they will know they have a place in my creation schedule. If it is needed I am more than happy to put priority timing on the orders of clients who need rush service. Express rush orders can ship out within 24 hours of payment. This is an important aspect of my service. Being able to give my clients not only the quality creation they desire, but making sure it arrives to them in time for their big day.

6. What are some of the unique ways your garters can be customized?
I offer many different upgrades to transform a fun custom garter into something that totally incorporates the personality and interests of my clients. A few unique ways include the following:

Fun prints and fabrics in many colors and themes: Fireman garters can be in satin or they can incorporate Flame bands for a fun touch, other prints available include Camo for the military bride, Hello Kitty, John Deere, Spring time daisies, Rainbows, Polkadots, Skulls for the punk rock bride or Pirate themed wedding and so many more prints.

Custom Embroidery. This is where my client can personalize their garter with their monogram, Names, and or Date or any meaningful saying they want. It will be professionally designed and sewn onto their garter. ALONG with these Personalized lettering The embroidery service also incorporates Custom Design elements such as fleur de lis, hearts, or even custom designed Sorority Greek letters or themed designs like 007’s Gun.

Hand Sewn Swarovski Crystals: This is one of the popular upgrades for the more fancy lacey garters. But They also are beautiful when added to satin bands as well. The Swarovski crystals add beautiful sparkle, glitter and elegance. It’s an investment for many brides who are looking for a keepsake that they will save as memory and or pass down as a special family heirloom. Each Crystal is hand sew onto the fabric one at a time individually. This quality handcrafting means, if one crystal comes off, the others will NOT follow in a string.

7. What is one of the most over the top request you’ve ever received from a client?
This is such a hard one to answer. I’ve done so many unique creations. I think If I had to narrow it down – it would be for a Care Bear Ruffle garter with Orange satin and ruffle. It was quite bright and very over the top – but the client LOVED It so “My job was done” that’ what it’s all about for me. What do my clients want? What makes them happy? I find that out and create something that completely meets their desires.

8. When you find some down time, what do you LOVE to do?
I really love to be able to spend time with my family, and friends. Going out to lunch is always a treasured down time. I also would love to have more time to ride my bike out in nature… Nature is my most favorite place to spend time.

9. How do you find the time to get all the “important” stuff done?
Well there are two catagories of “important“ stuff. For family things - I always make sure to work my finger to the bone if I know something important is coming up. I will stay up all hours of the night to get work done in order to have the time to do my personal “important” stuff. When the “important “ stuff is business related - it all boils down to my creation schedule. Everything is scheduled in my book. My clients understand that I have a lot to work on. The book early to be added to my schedule and if they need their custom creation right away, they are always welcome to add rush service to their order. Have always offered the highest quality rush service… Orders can ship out with in one week or even within 24 HOURS if needed that soon. All this is possible because of my organized creation schedule book.

10. Which show would best describe you?...and why? Platinum Weddings, Whose Wedding Is It Anyway or Bridezilla’s.
Definitely “Platinum Weddings” Well first, I can totally leave out “bridzillas” because just about every client I have is a total and utter pleasure to work with. I love them all and am so grateful to be able to serve them in the way I do. So it leaves the two choice and Platinum Weddings Is it! My brides are looking for something Unique, custom made, high quality heirlooms, designed by a professional who has been in the industry for many many years. They are confident they will get that when they place a custom order with me.
Check out some of Victoria Joanne's Hand-Crafted Creations below.








Here's a few places to find Hand-Crafter Creations
Email, HCC website , My Custom Garters Site , Blog, Twitter, Facebook

Stay tuned for more &
Thanks for blogging with us!






Signature Wedding Aisle Runners












0 comments: